Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ashford Alliance Forum

Wow. Not bad for my first public speaking engagement.

I was definitely nervous. But think I did well, especially with the Q & A portion of the event.

Local control for schools, Zero based Budgeting, a Northern Arc (toll), a Southern By-pass (toll),
Govenment keeping it's word, accountability, and either negotiating with Tennessee for water or start building a reservoir now before the next draught were a few of the points I made.

I will be very interested to see how Dick Williams, Rick Callihan, and John Heneghan report it.

Very interesting and informed crowd. Good questions. I also really liked what most of the Candidates had to say.

Special Thanks to the Ashford Alliance for hosting the event.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tammy,

    Good to see you tonight. 'Callihan' is the spelling, but 'Callaghan' does look a bit more Irish. John will be neutral on his reporting. Not sure how Dick will report it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. Sorry I will get it right next time!!!!!Some really great things happened from it, two of the candiates offered their support.

    Thanks for all you do on reporting events in the area. And also thanks for keeping it lite and entertaining so that people actually pay attention.

    How's the spider bite?

    ReplyDelete